Sunday, July 12, 2015

I miss my butt... but do I really?

If you read my background post you know I am the former owner of a "big back porch" or "booty". I used to pride myself on it, everyone that knows me probably knows that. It was my best asset. When I started to lose weight I really wanted to lose weight in my stomach mainly. I of course wanted to lose weight everywhere, but I was ready to say goodbye to the fat in my midsection first.

Just so you know, whatever you want from a diet you'll get eventually, if you work hard, but nothing is going to happen as fast as you want it to, and the way you want it to happen.

 So my wish, to lose the stomach fat first, of course didn't come true. I started to notice my butt and legs were getting smaller when I started to have extra room in those sections of my jeans. This made me sad. I was hoping to lose weight in my legs but I somehow wanted to keep my butt (because it's totally possible to pick and choose what you want to keep and what you want to lose).

As sad as I was, I cheered up a little when I looked back at old pictures and realized that my butt, legs, and hips had made me look REALLY big. I was happy to see that losing weight from these sections really slimmed my appearance. I also realized that my legs, butt, and hips were almost completely fat and if I really wanted a big butt I could just work really hard to build muscle.

At the end of the day, I really don't miss the back porch because it held me back from being happy (no pun intended). My butt was my excuse for weighing as much as I did. Whatever it is that's holding you back, don't be scared to get rid of it, if it means improving your life! Also don't get discouraged if you are not noticing change in the section of your body you want to notice change in, it will happen, keep pushing through!

Have a great Sunday and make healthy choices :)

No comments:

Post a Comment