Monday, August 24, 2015

How to squeeze a workout in on campus without even thinking about it

The hardest part about college is managing your time. It's hard to fit everything in, I completely understand. For me going to the gym is part of my schedule, I don't use time as an excuse. I treat going to the gym as if it is one of my classes, but I understand, it may not be as important to others as it is to me. So you may find that you can't make it to the gym everyday, then what? Well you need to workout at some point so here are a few easy things you can do, to workout, without actually having to go to the gym.

  • Take the stairs instead of the elevator
  • Take the long way back to your dorm 
  • Run up stairs instead of walking 
  • Go do some cartwheels with your friends on that beautiful green grass outside
  • Studying? Take a quick break and do 10 jumping jacks
  • No one in the halls? Do some walking lunges 
  • Go to the football stadium, run up and down the bleachers 
  • Tv time is also a good time to do some crunches 
  • Forget your car, walking and biking is more fuel efficient anyways 
Anyone can make time to workout if they want to. 

I'm so proud of my friend and roommate, Morgan, who has decided she will workout five days a week this semester. She is skinny and healthy, but she often suffers from stress because of a busy schedule. She is adding fitness to her life and into her schedule by treating it as a daily necessity, which is awesome. Morgan understands that no matter how naturally skinny you are, and no matter how much time you don't have, exercising is important. 

Make the time and you will lead a stress free and skinny life :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment