Monday, June 29, 2015

Recipe of the Week: My Delicious Oatmeal

I think it's important to post a breakfast recipe this week! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, that's not just a saying, it's the truth. It's been proven that people who eat breakfast don't have as many afternoon cravings and if it is a healthy breakfast, they tend to eat healthy the rest of the day. When I say breakfast I mean something filling that will keep you going for the morning, not a breakfast bar or meal replacement shake. I have oatmeal every single morning but I really like to add things to make my oatmeal a little bit more palatable! Here's my favorite oatmeal:

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats quick oats
-1/4 cup blueberries
-1  teaspoon agave
- 1 tablespoon flax seed (optional, but it will keep you full for longer)

Boil one cup of water, add oats when boiling. Stir and add in blueberries. Turn heat off and add flax and agave. I sometimes add a little bit of nonfat milk for a creamier texture!

What's so great about this is if you get tired of it you can change up the fruit! I know this is such a simple recipe to include on my blog but this is a recipe that was crucial to my weight loss. I had oatmeal every single day that I was losing weight and I really think this is my "recipe for success". I hope you all will at least give oatmeal a chance because it will fill you up and get you through your day! I promise :)

Now that I'm not trying to lose weight, I am trying to eat a little more, especially protein. So one day last week, along with my oatmeal, I made a open faced egg white omelet with sautéed mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes!





No comments:

Post a Comment