Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Healthy Goals of the Week


This week I'm trying something new to keep me on track, and I'm hoping you will try it too!

When I was losing weight I had everything planned out, my meals, my workouts, and all of that fun stuff. I wrote down my plans for the week on Sundays, and while this did, however, help me to lose weight and stay on track, I don't feel that it is necessary to micro manage your life in order to be healthy. SO I haven't been planning things out lately and things have been great! I've trusted myself to make good, healthy decisions and I have, but I do miss having some sort of structure. Instead of planning everything out, I have decided to make two lists on Sundays: one for healthy eating goals and one for my fitness goals for the week ahead.

I want you all to join me, by making your own lists on Sundays! It's very simple, just create 3 goals for both fitness and healthy eating that you think you can stick to and will help you live a healthy life. As an example, I will share my lists!

3 Healthy Eating Goals for the Week:

  1. Only eat one spoonful of peanut butter a day (instead of 3- I have an addiction...its bad...)
  2. Only allow yourself 3 non-fat lattes this week
  3. No eating after 8:30 (try to limit late night snacking to only when I'm REALLY hungry)
3 Fitness Goals for the Week: 

  1. Work extra hard on lower abs this week
  2. Go on the stair climber at least twice, in addition to regular cardio 
  3. Do at least 100 squats by Sunday (No squats on Monday and Tuesday because of cycling)
These are my goals and you are welcome to use them or adapt them to your own life, but it is highly unlikely, especially for the eating goals, that we face the exact same problems and have the same goals. Create your own goals and place them somewhere where you look everyday, for me it's my bulletin board, but a mirror, or on the fridge, would also be good places! I also posted quotes next to my goals to help motivate me :)

So challenge yourself and not only meet your goals, but exceed them. Give it your all this week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment