Wednesday, October 14, 2015

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls

One of my favorite combinations has always been chocolate and peanut butter, whether it be ice cream or in cup form, I love chocolate and peanut butter. Of course, living a healthy life does not necessarily allow me to eat a big bowl of chocolate peanut butter ice cream or even a twin pack of peanut butter cups, but alas I found a solution to my craving: Chocolate peanut butter protein balls. Ringing in at about 75 calories per ball, these delicious bites of protein pack the flavors I love AND are full of protein and nutrients. I thought it would only to be fair to share this recipe for you all, and especially for my dad who is begging for it. As I tell my dad, eat these babies in moderation, one a day or every two days is a good rule, because even though they are nutritious, everything should be eaten in moderation :)

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! 

Ingredients: 
  • 1 cup (dry) Old-fashioned oatmeal
  • 2/3 Cup coconut flakes 
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use natural peanut butter)
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (up to you whether its semi-sweet, dark, or even cacao nibs)
  • 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. Stir all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl until they are thoroughly mixed
  2. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and let chill in the fridge for half an hour
  3. Once done chilling, roll into balls (about 1" in diameter)
  4. Store in an airtight container and keep in the freezer for up to one week 



No comments:

Post a Comment