Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Don't Fear Change, Embrace It.

I was once so afraid of change. I couldn't throw my schedule off in even the slightest of ways. Eat breakfast an hour later? No way. Go to sleep past midnight? Not a chance. Start eating healthy and working out? Excuse my French, HELL NO. That would throw everything off. I can't pinpoint all of the reasons why, but I was scared of change. Sometimes, however, change is necessary.

I once had a basketball coach that constantly asked "What is the definition of insanity?" And the whole team would answer, "Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result." This phrase became my reality and it made me realize that I was insane. I was eating terrible food and never working out and I always expected that I wouldn't gain weight, but I did. Not too mention I was anxiety ridden and not doing anything about it. This led me to realize that change was necessary.

Successfully, I changed my life. Six months ago (exactly), I took a left turn on the path I was going, and it led me in the right direction. Who knows what would be going on in my life right now if I would have never changed, but I don't even want to imagine life another way. Not only did I lose 40 pounds, but I lost the anxiety that burdened me because of my negative self image. I changed my body, and in turn I changed my attitude and my perspective on life. I am much more positive and confident and I just live. I enjoy every moment, good and bad, and look forward to what the future holds. I look back and see how far I've come, and I am still amazed at myself and my progress every single day.

I write this blog post today because I know a lot of you are ready for change. I have recently been contacted by many people (most around my age, some older) looking to lose weight or become fit, but they all tell me the same thing, "I have no motivation." They are all searching for something to inspire them and to push them to change. Well I hope you all can look, not only to me, but to yourself. Motivate you. You can do it. Don't change next month, next week, or even tomorrow, start changing today. Cut something out of your unhealthy diet today, like soda, or start working out today. Make little changes. This will make it easier to ease on into the big change; changing your life.

I always find myself looking back at old pictures. In some of them, I don't even recognize myself. I started my change, exactly 6 months ago, but the difference is incredible. Not only do I see a skinnier and healthier individual, I see a more confident, happy, young woman. I feel and look amazing and it's all because I took a leap of faith and I changed.

I want you to change.

The picture on the left was taken a year and a half ago and on the right it now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment